We seek to accomplish the following:
- - Update our members on the latest research findings in the field of Cardiovascular Imaging and Computed Tomography;
- - Facilitate academic exchange;
- - Provide training and professional development for our members;
- - Develop networking opportunities for our members;
- - Promote the growth of our field; and
- - Strengthen scientific and mutual benefits by cooperating with other similar associations
History of CIVICS
Over the last decade, rapid technological advancements in Computed Tomography (CT) has made it possible for us to get
contrast-enhanced images of coronary arteries in high resolution with just small amounts of radiation. Because so many
experts find the use of CT to be highly appropriate and efficient, the rate of CT's usage in Korea, despite its high cost,
is now the second highest among OECD.
As of October 1, 2012, the Health Insurance Review & Assessment Service (HIRA)
recognized the appropriate indications of the CT for coronary artery.
In light of these trends, and the everchanging medical
world, CIVICS was founded to meet the needs of those medical specialists who focus on the study of cardiovascular imaging in CT.
CIVICS endeavors to enhance the effectiveness and clinical usefulness of the cardiovascular imaging of CT. We try to accomplish this by promoting
academic activities throughout Asia, for experts from a number of disciplines including cardiology, radiology and other specialists who study in this field.